Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

38 weeks and Remembering Lot

It isn't what we expected. It isn't what we wanted. A week has passed and I haven't gone in labor. I am starting to worry. I am starting to lose faith.

That Friday before mother's day, I was examined by my doctor and she said I was about 3 going on 4cm dilated. We all rejoiced expecting I will go into labor sometime that day or the next day. So I walked the entire afternoon. On the way home I was contracting like crazy! I said to my husband if the pain persists in another hour we need to head back to the hospital.

After a few minutes, the pain went away.

There I was, back to being frustrated when I know I said I will just lift everything to the Lord, but I can't.

Come mother's day, I told my husband I wanted to go to church since I don't remember the last time we attended the service. I know we both needed to hear God's word. The message was perfect.

Remember LOT. Don't play with fire but be on fire.



We all have choices and those choices make up our future. Who we are today is the result of the decision we made yesterday. Most of our choices are Carnal. We prioritize what our body desires and not what God has planned for us.

When Lot decided to go to Sodom, it is because his eyes was pleased on what he saw --- a greener pasture. Lot chose for himself and journeyed. Lot didn't know how wicked the people are in Sodom and that it will soon be destroyed.

Abram on the other hand traveled in the land of Canaan where God told him to go. God told him that all the land he saw will be given to him and to his descendants. It was a promise land. Abram then settled to his tent under a tree. And because Abram was faithful, God then blessed him with a son, Isaac.

The way I see it, Lot didn't seek God in making decisions. When it was time to destroy Sodom, Lot told his entire family to leave the place. Sadly, no one believed him. After all, God did not reflect in the life of Lot.

Lot played with fire.

Remember LOT.

Lord Factor - When I was preparing for labor, every decision I made, I made from what I know and what I feel was right for me not considering what God wanted for us. Carnal decision indeed. The Lord factor is satisfying not what we want but what God wants instead. We are made to please Him and it is His decision to bless us.

Omega (Outcome Factor) - God has always the last laugh. I remember in another service, no matter what path you take if it isn't God's plan, you will never get to your destination. There is no way but God's way. I know He is teaching me a lesson. Because I am stubborn, He will not give me what I wanted. Just like Lot suffered from a painful deliverance. He was saved from Sodom's destruction but he lost everyone.

Trust Factor - "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" - Hebrews 11:6

I put too much worry in my carnal life. Forgetting whatever happens here on Earth will not last. Everything I have doesn't actually belong to me. It is like investing too much and then one day you just die. What matters here on earth doesn't matter in life after.

My OCD took a higher level this time. I was so prepared for something that has no guarantee. Yes I will be in labor soon, but how? I was assuring myself of the things I just know not even consulting the Lord. It was as if I made plans to go on a trip without even telling my husband who will drive me to my destination.

And I don't want to have a life like Lot. I was reminded that day to just enjoy life one day at a time and God will not allow anything bad to happen to those who obey Him.


Matthew 6:25-34
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment