Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Salvation

I started attending Christ Commission Fellowship year 2000 when worship was still being held in a small warehouse in Sucat. Years after, the church grew and so is my faith. In celebration of CCF's 30th anniversary, let me share to you my personal testimony on how Christ found me. 

Hope you too will be found and accept Christ's invitation to follow him.

Written July 12,2012  

I went to schools that were run by Nuns and I never really thought I would come to know Christ as my savior. I grew up in a broken family and life for me is just not as happy as it should be. I was a troubled teenager.

Then I met a man whom I have been in love for 5 years now. We had a child out of wedlock and been living together. All the while I thought having a family and staying together is the right thing to do. Our relationship grew longer and so are the fights. We struggled in providing for our daughter and found ourselves helpless at some point. 

I realized all my sins and turned to God. I accepted Christ June 28 of this year with the help of our Dgroup Leader Noel and Tasha Mison who have shared to us the word of God. I turned away from who I used to be and started my own personal relationship with God.

But the biggest turn that I have made was to admit that living together before marriage is a sin and was hard for me to shake. Because I humble myself before the Lord and I wanted to obey Him, I agreed to break the chain of sin and move out. 

My usual lazy Sundays turned to worship every Sunday and I even make sure my daughter is always present at Sunday school. All my struggles before was replaced by assurance from God that He is Jehovah-Jireh, the Lord who provides. Matthew 6:30-34 says...
30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31 Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32 For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
After believing in Christ and repenting from my sins, my eyes were opened to all the amazing things He’s been doing each day in my life. Today the man whom I fell in love with, Mike, became a believer too and started obeying God. We also decided to get married and let Christ be the center of our lives. To God be the glory!

Update

Today, we have been married for two years and God blessed us with another child. I have started a few businesses and Mike flourished in his chosen career and in return God blessed him with a stable job.

As for our daughter, we chose to have her home-schooled so we can guide her properly and strengthen her values as Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment